Are you interested in the Japanese visual scene? Do you love to keep up to date with the scene and share the latest visual kei news? Shattered-Tranquility.net would love to have you on board! As a translator at Shattered-Tranquility.net, you will be expected to translate announcements, messages, and interviews, summarize news, and help with miscellaneous Romanization or translation questions from the news staff.
What do you get out of volunteering for Shattered-Tranquility.net?
- The opportunity to be a part of a dedicated, professionally-minded team!
- Experience building your translation skills in an exciting industry!
- Room to advance to leadership or live coverage roles!
We do, however, have a few expectations for anyone interested in becoming a Shattered-Tranquility.net translator — and please note, you will not be responsible for other areas of the site.
- Motivation. You are willing and motivated to rock your teamwork skills to keep the site running smoothly.
- Dedication. You are not working for any other visual kei-related news site, and you are able to contribute at least five translations a month.
- Articulation. You have an excellent command of English and Japanese (at least JLPT N2 or equivalent).
- Education. You are interested in expanding your knowledge of the visual scene by researching genre- and band-specific terminology, and are not afraid to ask questions when you don’t understand something.
- Communication. You are reachable on a regular basis via e-mail or Skype.
- Representation. You are able to conduct yourself (at least semi-) professionally and without bias for all site work and writing.
Shattered-Tranquility.net does not offer monetary compensation to its staff.
Think you have what it takes?
With your application, please translate the two following excerpts in the space provided. One is a standard announcement and the other is a blog entry and therefore both employ different styles of speaking and writing.
Blog Entry [from Mamo]