As a translator at Shattered-Tranquility.net, you would be expected to translate messages and news, such as disbanding announcements and member’s comments. You are also expected to help any of the staff romanize various titles. We are also looking on expanding our interview section, and therefore someone who is willing or likes to translate magazine articles would be beneficial to the site.
We do, however, have a few requirements for anyone interested in becoming a Shattered-Tranquility.net translator — and please note, you would not be responsible for other areas of the site. (However, if there was something you wanted to also help out with, that would be appreciated).
- We’re looking for someone who is trustworthy. We all work together on this site and it won’t go anywhere if we can’t at the very least trust each other. That said, you cannot be working for any other visual band related news sites.
- A close second to being trustworthy, we’re looking for someone who has the ability and desire to be a dedicated staff member. Like previously stated, we need you to be active!
- Basic website knowledge. We use WordPress to run Shattered-Tranquility.
- Be able to translate articles and interviews from bands you may not be overly interested in.
- Be proficient in Japanese and in English. The other staff members are always here to help you if you need it, but you should be able to translate things (for the most part) on your own.
- A knowledge and love for Japanese visual bands.
- You must be able to keep in mind that Shattered-Tranquility.net is a team, not a competition. You need to be able to work well with others.
- You must not be currently working for any other visual band news site or publication.
- Be able to keep your inner fan girl (or fan boy) under wraps when dealing with site related issues such as posts, the staff blog, and comments.
- Be reachable on a regular basis via e-mail, MSN or AIM.
- Yes, there is a chance you may be able to interview a band for the site. We are therefore looking for staff members who can remain professional at all times.
Think you have what it takes?
With your application, please translate the two following excerpts in the space provided. One is a standard announcement and the other is a blog entry and therefore both employ different styles of speaking and writing.
Blog Entry [from Mamo]