Address | 〒150-0042 東京都渋谷区宇田川町1番1号
English | 1-1 Udagawa-cho, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo 150-0042
Contact | 03-3463-3022
Website | http://www.shibuko.com/
Google Maps pin
From Harajuku Station (pictured above)
- It doesn’t really matter which exit you take out of JR Harajuku Station, but Omotesando Exit (表参道出口) is the closer one to where you want to be.
- Once you exit, turn right and continue on.
- At the intersection with the big street, turn right and continue on. If you pass a big circular building on your left (there’s another smaller one further in that you may not yet notice), you are going in the correct direction!
- When you get to a crosswalk to cross to the other side of the street, take it and continue on down the very spacious footpath, passing NHK Hall on your right and the two circular buildings on your left.
- Keep walking along the footpath and you will reach an intersection. Once you cross over, Shibuya Public Hall will be on the right, set further into the block than the clock tower. But if you see the clock tower you know you have arrived!
From Shibuya Station (pictured below)
- Take the Hachiko Exit and head toward the scramble (the big crosswalk).
- Head toward Starbucks and continue on to the right side of the building.
- Take the second left and continue on (you will pass by OICITY to your right). You are following the street labeled 公園通り. Just, continue follow this street for a long time. The street itself may twist and such, but just stay on it.
- If you see signs pointing toward NHK, you are in the right direction!!
- When you see a clock tower on the left, you have pretty much arrived. Shibuya Public Hall is to your left, but further back than the clock.
- Max Capacity: 2,084 (1st floor: 1,235; 2nd floor: 849)
- Drink Ticket: None.
- Box Office: Unconfirmed.
- Accessibility: Ground level.
- Lockers/Cloak: No lockers; cloak unconfirmed. Assigned seating so most people bring their things to their seats, even suitcases.
- Restrooms: Available on either side at the hallway/lobby area.
- Merchandise: Set up in lobby.
- Rail: Unconfirmed.
- Lining up: Assigned seating so there is no lining up. If you arrive early, you can wait in the open area in front of the hall.
- Demachi: Unconfirmed.
- Formerly known as CC Lemon Hall. Now it is Shibuya Public Hall or in Japanese 渋谷公会堂 (Shibuya Koukaidou)
- Both routes take about 13 minutes according to the official website, but I have a feeling walking from Harajuku station takes less time than walking from Shibuya Station. I could be wrong, though. Moreover, the walk from Shibuya Station is mostly uphill if I recall correctly while the walk from Harajuku station is quite pleasant with the scenery.
- If you go from Harajuku Station you might want to hit up Meiji Shrine and/or Yoyogi Park before the live!
- Like an Edison and Closet Child are located in Harajuku.
- There is a Tower Records close by to the route from Shibuya Station.