English|Fuji Building 37 Basement Floor 1 1-18-3 Dogenzaka, Shibuya, Tokyo, Japan
Contact|03-5728-4911 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Google Maps pin
From JR Shibuya Station (Route 1; pictured above)
- Take any east exit out of the station — Hachiko works, or you can leave through Mark City (the latter is probably easier).
- Get out of the station and locate Mark City, the long shopping mall near the station — its name is posted all over the building. The building is long and narrow, and to get to REX, you have to walk along the left side of the building. You’ll know you’re going the right direction if you find yourself trudging up steep hills. Stay on this path even after the mall splits in half — this is just the second wing of the same building.
- You’ll know you’ve reached the venue when you find a Natural Lawson on your right. The venue is just a bit farther ahead on the right.
- Please note: If you are coming from this direction it is very easy to walk past REX due to where the sign is–so look for that Lawson and possibly other girls who are waiting for the live as well.
From JR Shibuya Station (Route 2; not pictured)
- Take the Hachiko exit and head to the scramble. At the scramble turn left, and head toward 109. You will follow the street on the left side of 109.
- You will follow Mark City on the other side and when Mark City ends (there will be a 7-11 on the opposite side of the street) turn left at the next stop light. Be sure to walk down the street and not into the parking for Mark City.
- At the next possible street turn left and continue down.
- Shibuya REX will be immediately evident on your left.
- Max Capacity: 220.
- Drink Ticket: ￥600 (please see “tips” for more info).
- Box Office: At the bottom of the stairs.
- Accessibility: Basement floor 1; stairs only.
- Lockers/cloak: By the box office at the base of the stairs.
- Restrooms: Across from the entrance, near the bar. If you head into the bar area turn right and follow along until you reach the restrooms.
- Merchandise: In the back of the venue or the lobby area (if it is in the lobby area getting out of the live house might take some time at the end).
- Rail: Yes. Details unconfirmed. There is also a rail at the back.
- Lining Up: Along the stairs and out onto the street outside, usually along the hill.
- Demachi: Demachi is possible but you might get asked to move; REX is getting more strict about prohibiting demachi.
- More info. on drink fee: the two pick system is no longer in effect. You pay ￥600 and receive one pick as your drink ticket and can get either one alcoholic or one non-alcoholic drink. This has been the system since April 2014, after the consumption tax increase in Japan.
- The bar is in a room cut-off from the main hall. It’s a nice place to go to relax between bands!
- There is a monitor which faces the bar door in the main hall, so if you get trapped behind the wall and can’t see the stage, you can watch the monitor instead.
- If you use the second route listed, before the 7-11 that is across from where you turn left, there is a big Family Mart on the same side of the street as the 7-11. This family mart offers free charging, seating and I believe also WiFi. Girls often crash here for a bit before their lives (often for lives at live houses that are closer than REX but it is close enough for REX too to keep in mind!).